Friday, April 24, 2009

10 Years Together

My husband and I celebrated the 10th anniversary of our marriage. The time flew by so fast that it felt like I just closed and opened my eyes and 10 years past by. Of course, the most difficult time was in the beginning when every day you learn something new about each other. It is more difficult if newly weds are from different countries and have their own cultural views and habits. Furthermore, they want their mates to conform their traditions. For example, I couldn't understand, how you can eat a hot dog in a bun? We, Russians, eat a hot dog that is served on a plate with mushed potatoes or rice. My husband loved his way of eating a hot dog and I wanted him to eat it my way. I knew that the way we prepared this food, was the best. Right?
On the day of our anniversary, I decided to make a surprise for my husband by ordering a meal from our favourite restaurant. I went to the restaurant without telling my husband where I was going to. When I arrived there, I realized that I forgot my credit card. So, I had to call my husband and ask him to provide his card. That was my surprise.
I know he loves me for who I am, for my craziness and imperfections. In return, I appreciate who he is and what he has done for me. It is fair to say that if we are together for 10 years, we are right for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment