Monday, April 20, 2009

Waisted Time


I just cannot hold myself from sharing my impression of the movie I recently watched. I WASTED MY PRECIOUS TIME! If you want to be confused, watch "Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona" by Woodie Allen. The movie is about a trip of two American girlfriends to Barcelona, about their love connections, affairs and an artists' inspiration.

My first shock: A main character, a sexy artist, wanted to spend a night with two women at the same time. He just liked them both. So, what... Long story short, the blond girl ends up moving in with the guy. Then, his ex-wife shows up and she joins the two. My second shock: Now, they are happy, I mean, the three of them living together. Finally, the blond decides that it is not for her and leaves them. After she leaves, the exes find that they cannot exist together anymore and the ex-wife leaves again. If you anxious to know the end, please read the movie review. My third shock: I was fascinated when I learned that for the role in this movie, Penelope Cruz was nominated and won the Oscar in 2009. (!!!)
Even though, I enjoyed the Spanish guitar scene and pictures of Barcelona, these were crossed out by my disappointment of the film. I, probably, couldn't get the hidden message that Woodie Allen invoked in his film, as well as, how the tagline "Life is the ultimate work of art" relates to this story. I always believed that any movie should have a purpose beneath, somethings you carry on for some time after the movie ends. For me, the movie was a work of art that had no life meaning. So, I WASTED MY TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment